1684 AAN DE KEIZERSGRACHT
Our clients contacted us with the request to restore this canal house to its original state. A very special assignment because after 1925 the original 17th century structure was systematically removed from the inside and outside. After extensive consultation with Monumenten & Archeologie and the Committee on Space & Quality the plans were approved. The hardstone front steps could be re-built after which the glass front and the layout of the elevated ground floor could be restored to its original proportions. The light court has been restored as an outside space and was accommodated with a ‘secretenwand’. After this extensive restauration the monumental corridor and the heights inside the period rooms were back to the proportions of 1684. The existing 18th century ornaments have been renovated: ceilings, stucco walls and the staircase balusters. It’s a successful project that deserves to be followed!
See our Digital Picture Report for more details of this project.
Brief description: restoration of state monument
Address: Keizersgracht, Amsterdam
Contractor: Pronk Bouw
Year: 2016 – 2018
Photography: Roos Aldershoff